“Health is wealth”, but in today’s time, we often don’t get time to invest in our well-being. A healthy diet is a good place to start. Here are 5 food items to start adding to your daily diet.
- Never had Quinoa? Here are some reasons to start, firstly it is protein rich with nine essential amino acids.
- It helps reduce high blood pressure and diabetes by regulating blood sugar.
- Quinoa contains iron which keeps our red blood cells in check and regulates hemoglobin formation.
- It also contains Lysine that is essential for tissue growth and repair.
- Other notable health benefits of quinoa include transmission of nerve impulses, detoxification, body temperature regulation, formation
of healthy bones and teeth and energy production.
Lime and Honey
- This traditional duo helps stimulate the digestive system and helps hydrate the colon, lymphatic system and ease digestion.
- It helps create an alkaline atmosphere in your stomach that helps in losing weight faster.
- When consumed in the morning it boosts your energy and improves the immune function.
- Lime and honey help regulate acidity in the body which reduces pain and inflammation.
- This mixtures cleansing ability purifies blood, which initiates restorative, collagen boosting and antibacterial properties to the
- Avocados are the perfect addition to your diet if you’re looking for that ‘size zero waist’.
- Losing weight requires eating fewer calories than you burn off, hence avocado is perfect as it helps boost satiety, which basically means you feel fuller and less hungry as they have natural heart healthy fats.
- They contain antioxidants that help fight inflammation and have strongly been linked to better weight management.
- They also are a good source of potassium that reduces blood pressure and play the role of a natural diuretic that removes excess sodium.
- Avocado also provides essential vitamins A and E that help rebuild skin and tissues to give you the nice shine and glow you are looking
- The pumpkins are not only popular Halloween decorations, but are high in fibers hence keeping you full, which helps you eat lesser.
- The vitamin A content in pumpkin benefits teeth, bones, promotes healthy skin and contributes to good vision and sight that is
essential in the long run.
- It is crucial in preventing hypertension among all ages.
- The tryptophan which is another essential amino acid contributes to a sound sleep and hence is recommended for insomnia.
- It also reduces the risk of prostate cancer and provides relief from anxiety.
- If you’re planning to start a healthy diet, don’t chicken out!
- Chicken is responsible for treating anemia as it regulates red blood cells and white blood cells.
- Chicken also acts like a natural anti-depressant and boosts cardiovascular health.
- It is high in protein and hence plays a perfect role in a fitness diet for mass gain.
- Chicken contains various essential vitamins such as Vitamin A, B, B3, B6 and hence boosts metabolism as well.
Wondering where to start? We have a special menu at Café Cream that balances healthy and delicious and offers you a meal selection under 300 calories. Take a virtual tour of Café Cream by clicking here.